150 - 805 Cloverdale Ave
Welcome to Beautiful Victoria!
Search for Homes in Victoria, BC Canada
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Building on my experience of buying, renovating, and reselling various types of properties over a period of 30 years, I obtained my real estate license in 2013. Now I'm pleased to offer a boutique-style real estate experience, working with buyers and sellers of homes in Victoria, BC Canada with knowledge, humour, and the highest professional standards. I bring with me years of experience in education, communication, and research including researching, analyzing, and synthesizing large amounts of data in the education and labour market sectors, and presenting results and recommendations to a wide range of end users, from students to senior executives. This analytical experience comes in handy when I'm researching the real estate market for you.
I've got a master's in public policy and administration, a degree in communications, and a post-BA diploma in economics. I've also been enrolled in the Diploma in Urban Land Economics, Appraisal option, at UBC, which allows me to continue to learn online.
Supporting a wide variety of local and international non-profit organizations is a key part of my business. I volunteer as Secretary of the Canadian Federation of University Women Victoria Chapter Scholarship and Bursary Society, which provides scholarships and bursaries to help women pursue education. My husband and I sponsor the urbanecology.ca award at the University of Victoria, to encourage students who are enrolled in the Restoration of Natural Systems program. I also support the arts as a volunteer with the Art Gallery of Greater Victoria Associates. Dance Victoria is another favourite connection!
Let's talk about your buying and selling needs to see if we can partner to buy and sell real estate, and help our community!